WooCommerce is a FREE open-source eCommerce plugin designed for use with WordPress. WordPress is also open-source and FREE to use.
There is a reason why WooCommerce is one of the top chosen eCommerce platforms online. It allows you to have full control of your store and customize it how you want it.
What other costs are involved?
While WooCommerce and WordPress are both free to use, there are still other costs associated with setting up and running your own eCommerce site.
- Web Hosting – You will need to choose a hosting company to host your WooCommerce site. Depending on what type of hosting you choose to fit your needs, you will pay on average between $5.00 – $30.00 per month for a host.
- Domain Name – You will need to pay a yearly reoccurring fee for your domain name. Most domain names cost between $9.00 – $20.00 per year.
- Website design – WooCommerce has free designs to choose from but if you are wanting a premium design to make your site stand out, you will need to pay extra for those.
- Payment Gateway Transaction Fees – You will need a secure way to accept online payments from your customers. WooCommerce offers many options including WooCommerce Payments and PayPal.
- WooCommerce Payments has no setup costs and no monthly fees. You pay 2.9% + $0.30 for each transaction made with U.S issued credit or debit cards. There is an additional 1% fee for cards issued outside of the U.S
- PayPal Payments also have a standard 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee per sale. This option will direct your customers to PayPal’s site, where they can pay via PayPal account or credit card.
Out of the box, WooCommerce provides options for flat rate shipping, free shipping, or local pickup. For many small businesses, these are the only choices you will need.
Other costs to consider
Customer communication and Email Marketing allows you to reach out to customers and encourage repeat purchases, recover abandoned carts, or send them order confirmation emails. WooCommerce integrates with a wide variety of email marketing platforms.
Search engine optimization (SEO) tools are very important and are a must have for any business. Yoast plugin is an all-in-one solution that provides you with the tools necessary to make sure your site is 100% search engine compliant. It includes suggestions and functionality to improve your site’s search engine rankings. Both offer free options, with paid plan upgrades.
Start selling with WooCommerce today!
Now that you know exactly what is needed and the cost to get started with WooCommerce, check out our all-inclusive WooCommerce Hosting plan. Our plan includes:
- Web Hosting for your WooCommerce site.
- SSL Certificate to keep your customers data safe while on your website.
- Managed WordPress installation. We manage security and feature updates for your.
- WooCommerce comes pre-installed and ready for use.
- Free Premium WooCommerce Storefront themes
- And.. Much more!