There are currently 57,000+ free WordPress plugins available. This makes it extremely difficult to know which ones really help your website or which are over-hyped. Plenty of them offer you useful benefits, but few are truly must-have WordPress plugins for your business website.
We are going to give you our top list of must-have WordPress Plugins for your business. Better yet, we are going to provide real data that helps justify why we think each plugin is essential to your businesses online presence.
Let’s get to it!
1. Yoast SEO
Requires WP 5.4+
Yoast SEO is without a doubt the most popular SEO tool for WordPress, and it is easy to see why its at the top of our must-have WordPress plugins for businesses. Not only will it help you improve your sites SEO, it can analyze content readability on the fly for every page and post.
As far as SEO is concerned, Search Engine traffic is one of the best and budget friendly traffic sources for your website. Google alone handles over four billion searches, per day. If you are not optimizing your business website to make the search engines happy, you are missing out on a lot of potential clients.
- Improve your website’s content readability with simple tips and tools.
- Automatically optimize your WordPress posts and pages using keywords and meta description templates.
- Built-in Schema implementations to help search engines identify your content type for rich results.
- Automatic generated XML Sitemaps.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs.
The base price of Yoast SEO is free for unlimited websites. There is a premium version available which includes additional features.
Requires WP 5.3
Website security should be a top priority for all online business owners. Sucuri Security WordPress plugins offers complete protection for your WordPress site.
They monitor and protect your site from malware threats, Cross-Site Scripting attacks, brute force attacks, and many more.
Sucuri helps us block hundreds of attacks every month on our site.
- File Integrity Monitoring for entire WordPress installation
- Security Activity Auditing for user actions
- Blacklist Monitoring
- High-Effective Security Hardening tools
- Post-Hack Security Actions to get your site cleaned up fast
- Website Firewall (premium only)
The base price of Sucuri is 100% free for unlimited websites. There is a premium version available which includes Firewall and CDN support.
Requires WP 5.4+
Akismet is a plugin developed by the team behind WordPress. It is one of the default plugins that comes with WordPress core out of the box.
It is a basic plugin that provides you with automated anti-spam which blocks spammy comments on your posts. The plugin provides a status history for each comment so you can learn additional details on which comments were marked as spam by Akismet.
- Automatically checks all comments for ones that look like spam.
- All comments have a status history, so you can easily see which were caught and cleared by Akismet.
- View the number of comments approved for each user.
- The discard feature that blocks the worst detected spam, saving disk space and speeding up your site.
The base price of WooCommerce is 100% free. There is a premium version available which includes additional features.
Requires WP 5.3+
Contact Form 7 makes it super easy to allow your customers or potential prospects to contact you from easy to configure forms.
Create unlimited simple but beautiful contact forms that go directly to your email when a customer submits the form. This makes it easy for your visitors to get in touch with you.
- Simple to use. Create new forms and use shortcodes to display on pages/posts.
- reCAPTCHA support to stop spam.
- Akismet integration support to prevent spam.
- Constant Contact integration to assist you with email marketing.
Contact Form 7 is a completely 100% free WordPress plugin.
Requires WP 5.2+
WooCommerce is one of the best WordPress plugins if you need to sell physical or digital products on your website. It has a lot of features to help you bring your store online and grow your business.
Provide your customers with multiple options through your online shop. It has extendable shipping options and includes free shipping, local pickup, flat shipping rates and much more. You can choose from several different payment gateways, such as Stripe, PayPal, Square, Authorize.net and many more. WooCommerce is a very powerful and budget friendly plugin to have when starting to sell online.
- Create beautiful storefronts with many themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize the look and feel of your pages in minutes using product blocks.
- Showcase your physical or digital products, variations, custom configurations, and more.
- Choose from WooCommerce’s many payment gateway options.
- Configure your shipping options to fit your business needs.
- Simplify sales tax calculations with automation features.
The base price of WooCommerce is 100% free. You may also be interested in our WooCommerce Hosting plan. Our all-in-one eCommerce solution comes with WooCommerce pre-installed, Web hosting, and Unlimited products.
Conclusion on Must-Have WordPress Plugins
We hope you enjoyed our short list of must-have WordPress Plugins for your business website. There are a lot of plugins to choose from so it was a bit difficult to decide which ones to put on this list.
Do you have experience with any of the listed WordPress plugins? Let us know your experience in the comments below!